Photo by Ewan Robertson
Solopreneur Talk was started to create connections between people who work for themselves. Whether that means consulting, creating a consumer product, or making art, the attribute we share is a no-excuse approach to taking control of where and how we spend our time. We have dreams, and we do the work to get there.
Join us to meet others, share a story, or simply lurk.
Joining the Solopreneur Talk Slack
The Slack group is currently invite-only. If you’re a solopreneur and interested in joining, just send an email with a short introduction and what you’re hoping to get from the Slack to Marcus Im at email@example.com.
Code of Conduct
Solopreneur Talk is a positive and inclusive community that follows this Code of Conduct, adapted from Indieweb’s CoC. By participating in the Solopreneur Talk, you agree to adhere to this Code of Conduct.
Channels are open and intended to provide conversations relevant to particular interests. If you don’t see the one you’re looking for, feel free to make it and get the conversation going.
Here are the default channels when you join:
- #general: This is the channel for general chat. Keep conversation here relevant to everybody.
- #intros: If you’re new to the Slack, post a little blurb about yourself here to get going.
- #question-of-the-day: This is a channel with daily prompts to share stories.
- #skill-share: Need help with something? Want to help with something? Meet others to trade time, expertise, and work.
- #random: Whatever!
- #this-slack: Provide feedback and ideas to improve Solopreneur Talk.
As a solopreneur, it can be difficult learning all of the skills we need to. And sometimes, we just want another person to bounce a problem off of.
Luckily, there are solopreneurs who could use your help and would be able to return the favor now or in the future. Go to the #skill-share channel and post what you need.
As of January 18, 2018, the staff consists of:
- Marcus Im (Administrator)